Prevailing Wage & The Mechanics of the Certified Payroll (presented via ZOOM)
Friday, November 11, 2022 (8:30 AM - 10:00 AM) (EST)
Today, more than ever, it is critical you understand the ‘ins and outs’ of local & federal prevailing wage laws. Agencies have ramped up its numbers of inspectors and they are under orders to scrutinize your jobs and certified payroll reports. Mistakes can really HURT you!
In this 90 minute, two part session, you will learn:
Bruce Talbot, Prevailing Wage (part 1):
– Overview of the prevailing wage laws
– How the prevailing wage law works with the certified payroll
– Types of certified payrolls: Davis Bacon, State of Md., LCP Tracker
Dan Sargent, The Contractors Plan (part 2):
ABC Strategic Partner, Fringe Benefit Group and the Contractors Plan have programs that simplify the benefits process for employers with hourly workers. Offering products from the nation's leading carriers, Fringe Benefit Group is known for a full-service suite of tools and services that greatly reduce the burden of plan enrollment and administration.
Verna Karolenko, CPA, Mechanics of Certified Payroll (part 3):
– Filing procedures for Certified Payroll reports to various agencies
– Tracking Certified Payroll reporting compliance
– Resolution of errors and non-compliance issues
The session will be followed by 30 minutes of Q&A
Instructed by Bruce Talbot, Director of ABC Group Insurance Management Associates & Verna Karolenko, CPA, ABC Small Business Coach.
This webinar is free to members of ABC Chesapeake Shores in good standing. For questions, please contact our office at (410) 267-0347 or email [email protected].